- About Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
We Can Accept
- New or like new hardback fiction and nonfiction (prefer titles less than 3 years old unless they are classics)
- Gently used paperbacks that have not yellowed
- Children's books that have not been torn or written in.
We Cannot Accept
- Books that are dirty, water-stained or moldy
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Magazines (older than 6 months)
- Computer books (unless the computer books are less than one year old)
Do you have a milestone you'd like to celebrate or a loved one to remember? Monetary donations for the purpose of adding material into the collection to honor or celebrate your loved ones is available.
You are also welcome to donate in person at the Library, or mail your donation to 600 East Spruce Street, Chatham, IL 62629. All checks can be made out to the Chatham Area Public Library.
The library will purchase the book and add a bookplate with your specified inscription.
Thank you for your interest in donating to our Library!
For more information, please contact the Library at 217-483-2713.
Donations of any amount are welcome and will be used to purchase new materials for the library, including adult, children, young adult and large print books; CDs; DVDs; and newspaper, magazine, or database subscriptions. Please specify if you would like your donation to be used for a particular collection.
Volunteers are welcome during certain set hours throughout the week after a 1-hour mandatory training session has been attended. We appreciate the many people wanting to support our library, and we want to make sure we use their time efficiently. Click here for a Volunteer Application.