Access to Library District’s Public Records
A brief description of our public body is as follows:
a. Our purpose is to provide materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of the community.
2. The total amount of our operating budget for FY16 is $899,358.
Funding sources are property and personal property replacement taxes, state and federal grants, fines, charges, and donations. Tax levies are:
a. Corporate purposes (for general operating expenditures)
b. Social Security (provides for employee’s FICA costs and related expenses)
c. Audit (for annual audit and related expenses)
d. General Insurance
e. Debt Service (for bond and interest payments)
3. The office is located at this address: 600 East Spruce Street, Chatham, IL 62629
4. We have approximately the following number of persons employed:
a. Full-time: 8
b. Part-time: 30
5. The following organization exercises control over our policies and procedures: The Chatham Area Public Library District Board of Library
Trustees, which meets monthly on the 3rd Monday of each month, 7:00 p.m., at the Chatham Area Public Library.
Its members are: Eric Fitzgerald, President; Christine Westerlund, Vice President; Leslie Rios, Secretary; Deborah Schumer, Treasurer;
Susie Fairfield, James Burgdorf and Michael Roubitchek.
6. The following organization operates in an advisory capacity regarding our operation: Illinois Heartland Library System.
7. We are required to report and be answerable for our operations to:
Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are: State Librarian, Jesse White (Secretary of State); Director of State Library, Anne Craig;
and various other staff.