CHATHAM AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
Administrative Procedure – Access to Library District’s Public Records
The following procedures shall be followed when a person seeks access to information under the provisions of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/1 et seq.).
- Inspection of Library District Records not excluded from the Illinois Freedom of Information Act will be permitted between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, on the days that the Library District is open for business.
- Records are inspected at the Library District building, 600 East Spruce Street, Chatham, Illinois. Records are not to be removed from the building.
- Requests to inspect Library District records will be submitted in writing to the Library Administrator or designee. The Library District will either comply with or deny written request for public records within five working days. Under circumstances specified in Section 3 of the Act, the time for responding may be extended by not more than five working days.
- Inspection will not be allowed when records are in immediate use by persons exercising official duties that require use of the records.
- Requests must specify Library District records with reasonable particularity to avoid inefficient use of staff time in retrieving and preparing records for inspection.
- Should the requested records be classified as exempt but contain information which is not exempt, the Library Administrator or designee shall delete the exempt material and release the remaining information for inspection and copying.
- The Library Administrator or designee shall be present during inspection or copying of Library District records.
- Upon Request, copies of the requested Library District public records shall be produced at the time of inspection. A fee, which is reasonably calculated to reimburse the Library District for the actual costs of reproducing and certifying the public records, may be charged. There is a $1.00 charge for each certification of records. There is no charge for the first fifty (50) pages of black and white text either letter or legal size; There is a $.15 per page charge for copied records in excess of 50 pages; The actual copying cost of color copies and other sized copies will be charged.
- If the records are kept in electronic format, you may request a specific format and if feasible, they will be so provided, but if not, they will be provided either in the electronic format in which they are kept (and you would be required to pay the actual cost of the medium only, i.e. disc, diskette, tape, etc.) or in paper as you select.
Date: December, 10 2014 APPROVED:
President, Board of Library Trustees
CHATHAM AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 5 of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/5), the following documents are available for public review and inspection:
Annual Audit Report
Annual Statement of Receipts and Disbursements
Combined Annual Budget and Appropriation Ordinance
Estimate of Revenues by Source
Property Tax Exempt Certificates
Sales Tax Exempt Letter
Tax Levy Ordinance
Tentative Combined Annual Budget and Appropriation Ordinance
Annual Schedule of Meeting Dates of Board of Library Trustees
Applications for Contracts, Permits, Grants or Agreements (unless exempt under Section 7 of the Act)
Board Minutes from Open Sessions
Board Ordinances and Resolutions
Board Policies and Administrative Procedures
Contracts for Capital Equipment
Contracts for Leased Equipment
Contracts for Maintenance and Repair
Personnel Names, Salaries, Titles, Dates of Employment and performance reviews. Private/personal information must be redacted from those documents before they will be given.
Personnel Procedures (unless exempt under Section 7 of the Act)
Trustee Contact Information